Egypt: Why Is The New Cover Of Time Causing Controversy?

What’s Mother’s Day without a little controversy? The new Time magazine cover is causing quite a stir in the parenting world. The Time  headline reads “Are You Mom Enough?” with a picture of 26-year-old mom blogger breast-feeding her 3-year-old son.

time 2 Egypt: Why Is The New Cover Of Time Causing Controversy?

The article takes on the issue of what’s called “attachment parenting” which is a set of techniques made popular by Dr. Bill Sears.

Time editors say the point of the cover is to bring awareness to the discussion.

It even features another mother breastfeeding a 7 year old…

time 3 Egypt: Why Is The New Cover Of Time Causing Controversy?

The question IS: Is this too much? At what age should breastfeeding stop?!

I say when the little muffins grow teeth it’s A WRAP!

Comments

1. Quintus Colbert says:

Breast feeding should stop when the nourishment of a growing child changes to solid food. If the kid still desires milk after that point then traditional whole, 2%, or skim milk should be offered and not the milk produced from Mom as that should remain for baby’s getting the necessary natural nourishment required for growth.

2. Alicia says:

Wow! That’s a big 3 yr old. What’s in her breastmilk, steroids! As for the double feeding woman, that big one need to move out the way!

3. Nini E says:

I’m 22 and I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old. I do not see any way that I would still be breastfeeding at them even at this age. They were both breastfed up until the age of three months and I feed them healthy foods. Why would I need to be whipping out one of my twins, when there is healthy foods readily available here in the US.

4. RaKisha Powers says:

yeah ok!! He looks like WHAT DA!! Like I said I breastfed my daughter for 2.5yrs and she bit me one time at about 7 months I gave her a pop and she never did it again. My son is now 9 months and nips me on a regular. He he thinks it funny to let it snap out of his mouth and does not like to nurse under a cover so I don’t nurse him much in public. However, I will continue to nurse him until he is over it…PLUS HE WILL NOT TAKE A BOTTLE!

5. CrazyPurple says:

Wow, i think at the age 7 should really be enough. Im thankful my daughter who is 3yrs is independent she didn’t even latch on but i keep trying. some kids just won’t give it up unless you try something new. We have to teach them and show them how to be independent

6. Lolita says:

That is waaaaaaaaaaaay too much Egypt. I’m sorry but that picture really bothers me. Kind of creepy.

7. Dark & Lovely says:

I think that 24mos is definately a cut-off point for breastfeeding. If mom wants to continue the nutrition, pump the milk and put it in a sippy cup. That photo looks ridiculous! No disrespect to breastfeeding moms, this is just my opinion.