El DeBarge Tells Ryan Cameron How 50 Cent & Babyface Saved Him From Drugs

In an exclusive interview with Ryan Cameron, El DeBarge talked about how he almost went back to drugs and how he’s the one who introduced Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown.

El DeBarge even sung to show us that he still has a great voice.

El DeBarge has been added to the lineup for Funk Fest 2012.  See him live Saturday May 19th at Wolf Creek Amphitheater.

Comments

1. bella says:

I love El Debarge! Growing up, I had a crush on him & his brother James!

2. Reblogged this on Author, G. D. Grace and commented:
    Prayers for El… hang in there, buddy….

3. I was in love with El Debarge back in the day. And still is in love with me some El Debarge. I just disagree with, who he saved him from drugs. God saved you from drugs. I’ve been clean & sober since June 13,1997. God delivered me from drugs. Just, keep beliveing in him. And he will direct your path. I’m a witness to that. If, you find yourself slipping. Listen to Donnie Mc Clurkins ” we fall down.”

4. wendy says:

This is your time, El..Hang in there…we are all praying for you.

5. Me says:

He is still so beautiful…

6. just want to say el needs a lover and a friend. and most of all god and jesus ! from his future wife menzola burford debarge ?

7. leejai says:

i dont believe that el didnt relapse several times. what about the no shows sooooo many times. one major barrier to recovering is an indifference or intolerance toward spiritual principles. 3 of these that are “indepensible” are: honesty, openmindedness and willingness. with these, we are well on our way. el, i saw your high and drinking on New Year’s 2012 when you performed with dj quik. now we as addicts cannot afford to be confused by this fact; that,
    alcohol, is a drug; PERIOD. WE ARE PEOPLE WITH THE DIS EASE (DISEASE) OF ADDICTION, WHO MUST ABSTAIN FROM ALL DRUGS IN ORDER TO RECOVER.. SUBMIITTED TO YOU WITH LOVE, AND TRUE FRIENDSHIP . FROM ONE ADDICT TO ANOTHER. PEOLE WHO CANNOT OR WILL NOT RECOVER ARE PEOPLE WHO SIMPLY LACK THE ABILITY TO BE HONEST WITH THEMSELVES. PLEASE DO NOT PROVE TO BE ONE OF THEM.MOST OF THEM USE TO BE ALIVE,AND ARE NOW DEAD, OR IN JAIL .

8. LOVELY says:

I LOVE EL DEBARGE . MAY HAVE A PAIR OF FUNK FEST TICKETS ?PLEASE!