This simple fruit salad works at the start of the meal or as a dessert. The fruit is lightly glazed with either a simple syrup or agave syrup. Ginger, a bit of lemon, and some savory thyme which pairs amazingly with summer fruits accents the tartness of the berries and the sweetness of the stone fruit.
Peachy Fruit Salad:
• 2 fresh peaches – peeled, pitted and sliced
• 1 medium red apple, chopped
• 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
• 1 medium ripe mango or additional peach, peeled and sliced
• 1 medium firm banana, sliced
• 1 1/2 cups apple pie filling
1. In a large bowl, combine the fruit. Add pie filling and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 103 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.