Breaking News: Whitney Houston Dead At 48

One of contemporary pop music’s greatest voices has been silenced, as [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Whitney Houston[/lastfm] has died at the age of 48.

Frank Ski, Wanda Smith, Lorraine Jacques White and Ryan Cameron  will be on the air tomorrow beginning at noon to pay tribute to the artist who sold more than 170 million albums, singles and videos and scored seven straight No. 1 hits in the ’80s.

The singer, actress and producer is arguably the most awarded female act of all time, having amassed a total of 415 awards over her career, including two Emmy Awards, six Grammy Awards, 30 Billboard Music Awards, and 22 American Music Awards.

A representative of the Beverly Hills police department said she was found unresponsive in a fourth floor room in the Beverly Hilton Hotel Saturday afternoon, the site of her mentor Clive Davis’s annual pre-Grammy Awards party.

Check back for updates.

In Tribute

[PHOTO GALLERY] Remembering Whitney Houston, In Pictures

[VIDEOS] Remembering Whitney Houston, Musically

Celebrities React On Twitter

Comments

1. trellany says:

My prayers are with the family

2. roxie morris says:

RIP Ms Houston

3. Candra says:

So sadden by this news- thanks to the best radio fam in town, thanks for keeping us informed with facts. Will be in attendance for your tribute tomorrow . Love you all

4. yeartocheer says:

whitney touched my soul at such a young age, if it weren’t for her i don’t think life would be the same. janis joplin, billie holiday, aretha franklin, tina turner…whitney lead me to my soul. women singing about life through a woman’s eye. good girl gone bad…i felt your pain sister. we’ve all been there. my heart is broken but i feel like her soul is finally free. let if fly. much love

5. Katrina says:

This girl did a tribute to Whitney Houston and it is amazing. This is the type of tribute that should be done for her. I do not know this person, as this is my first time hearing her, but I have to give credit where it is due. Whitney would have been proud of this lady tribute. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=B_g2NjvnXtI#!

6. Melissa says:

I would love to hear about an ATL tribute dinner or listening party to celebrate her life.