With the holiday season quickly approaching Ramona DeBreaux and Big Tigger have been getting a head start on staying healthy and fit with the celebrity trainer and fitness expert, David Buer (LL Cool J, Tyler Perry). With a physique like David’s his list of 15 Tips For A Healthier Thanksgiving are a must read.
Use these 15 tips to prevent your Thanksgiving from getting the best of your waistline and having you struggling to recover for days to come.
1. Eat before you arrive to the Thanksgiving party — Consuming a small meal or snack consisting of lean proteins and fiber before you arrive will help prevent overindulgence and bad choices inspired by hunger.
2. Bring one or two healthy dishes if you’re visiting friends or family — Showing up to a Thanksgiving gathering with one or two of your own dishes is not only thoughtful but will insure you have healthy eating options.
3. Host the Thanksgiving meal — Hosting a Thanksgiving gathering without a doubt a lot of work but it may be worth the hassle just to insure you have control of the types of food that are available.
4. Avoid finger foods or appetizers — Most finger foods and appetizers are high in sodium and saturated fat. Those small little bites pack a big caloric punch in no time. Your safest option is usually to stick with the vegetable platter if one is available.
5. Drink plenty of water — Water helps control appetite.
Click here for for the complete list of tips from David Buer.