Bishop Eddie Long Sexual Misconduct Case Is Settled – Community Responds

bishopeddielongbetter1 Bishop Eddie Long Sexual Misconduct Case Is Settled   Community Responds

The sexual misconduct case against Bishop Eddie Long, who pastors the New Birth Missionary Baptist Church in Stone Mountain, has been settled.

Attorneys for both sides say the case has been settled, but will offer no other comment than that. Four young men who once attended the Longfellows Youth Academy at the church, sued Long last year, claiming he enticed the young men into having a sexual relationship with him, in exchange for expensive gifts and trips.

And just in case you don’t remember, here is part of Bishop Long’s response to the allegations – from the pulpit…

Now what is YOUR take?

Comments

1. Pann says:

Is this an admission of guilt or what? If Bishop is innocent, why settle?

2. JP says:

settles = guilty (at least in the court of public opinion) there was obviously sufficient evidence against him, so that his lawyers advised him he had a good chance at losing a civil and/or criminal case. what a horrible, pedophile!?

what AMAZES me is the throngs of blind sheep that follow this criminal and give their money that they so often can’t affford to part with. Open your eyes people. Eddie Long does not walk with Jesus.

3. michael c says:

shouldn’t have to settle if not guilty

4. Wanda says:

Another brother bite the dust, the people I feel sad for is his family wife and children what a hell of a situation to be in, one would think he has lost all respect and manhood from the ones who looked up to him. He needs to go and crawl in a hole, his church may forgive him but no one will ever forget what happen. Hopefully he will be man enough to step down and get the hell on somewhere….

5. TORI CAMPBELL says:

GOD IS OUR JUDGE. I FEEL SORRY 4 BOTH. WE SERVE AN ALL KNOWING GOD,AND ALL SEE GOD.SO HE KNOW WHOM EVER IS WRONG. LET’S LET GOD DO HIS JOB OF JUDGING THIS SITUATION. WE R NOT GOD SO THERE 4 WE CAN’T JUDGE. THE PERSON OR PERSONS WILL STAND B4 GOD AN ANSWERE. I’LL CONT 2 PRAY

6. DMF says:

I’ve decided as a member of New Birth not to attend any more. My husband had a valid point, its not healthy to listen to a ministry that I don’t believe in any longer. I am happy that my sons weren’t affected. I was already disappointed in the ministry’s stance on helping people so this was my final straw.

1. ThatDude says:

You dont settle something that you didnt do…And you dont do something and lie about it…He never said he didnt do it and he settled in court..Wake up PEOPLE!!!

7. MidStar2028 says:

Most may not like what I have to say,but it’s something to consider. It’s time for us as people, especially black people, to reevaluate the time, money and trust we put in these religious leaders. Eddie Long is not the first, and sadly, may not be the last. Not only do we need to consider the men (and women) who lead these churches and religious organizations, we need to consider the theology and philosophy they continue to threw every Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Are we as a people really progressing due to the (Black) Church? It’s time to take a closer look at the religious, philosophical product that’s been sold to us. Otherwise, this madness is sure to continue.

8. Curt says:

Serious situation INDEED! It has been settled. Now the “late nite ” aspect. I had to get pencil and paper cause the math in my head was not adding up. Bishop said he had 5 rocks, and he had not thrown 1. Well 4 accusers, should he only have 1 rock to throw? This and other potential comments may have lead to the settlement. There was no winning in this mess.

9. GP says:

Bishop Long didn’t stipulate whether he was wrong/right he only stated that he has 5 rocks and he hasn’t thrown one yet. God said judge not that ye be judge. We don’t have a heaven or hell to put anyone in. If he did this horrible thing to those kids God will deal with him and the ones that aren’t holding him accountable but if he didn’t shame on those young men. If I were alleging misconduct I would’ve taken this thing as far as I could’ve. We’re on the outside looking in so from some of our points of view since that settled for the money that’s what it seems like it was about instead of getting to the TRUTH! Let’s just continue in prayer for everyone involved. May God bless all parties from the judge on down. Always remember PRAYER still works.

10. Tyrone says:

I lived in ATL for about two years and always thought there was something wrong with a church that required me to show my w-2 to join…I didnt believe in him then and sure dont now…he’s a crook and a pediphile..I was being talked about bad because I voiced my opinion about him and his mega church…bishop this and bishop that …I had a roomy that was always playing his dvd’s and he acted queer…just goes to show birds of a feather flock together !!!

1. MidStar2028 says:

Show your W-2 Form to join a church?? Wow, that’s a new one for me. What’s next…will you be required to make a full disclosure of all financial statements to the church and be obligated to give offerings, gifts and special events pledge IN ADDITION to the 10% tithe?? This is sheer madness!